FAQ

We're here to make things simple.

Browse our topics or search below:


ENERGY MANAGEMENT

Q: HOW MUCH MONEY CAN ENERGY MANAGEMENT SAVE MY COMPANY?

A: Depending on many variables, such as size and type of organization, times of operation, and existing awareness of energy usage, small and incremental changes to daily operational activities can save hundreds or thousands of dollars per month.

Q: WHAT KIND OF MEASURES CAN I TAKE TO MAXIMIZE MY ENERGY EFFICIENCY?

A: Setting up an online energy account can enable us to closely observe usage patterns and peak consumption. Understanding the operational needs and balancing against energy consumption is key, with a range of specific measures from changing equipment usage to off-peak hours, to larger projects like solar installation.

Q: AT WHAT POINT DO I START TO PAY FOR MY ENERGY MANAGEMENT PROGRAM?

A: The energy management program is completely free of charge if you decide to move forward with a Sunistics solar project. If solar doesn’t make sense for your organization, and you would like to continue with the energy management program, the first payment is due when you receive your first monthly report.

Q: WHY IS MY ENERGY CONSUMPTION IMPORTANT TO SUNISTICS?

A: Reducing energy consumption produced by fossil fuels is central to our mission, and the benefit of our services means we can build long-term relationships where our energy expertise is a critical part of operations for organizations across California.


SOLAR PROJECT DEVELOPMENT

Q: CAN I AFFORD TO DO THIS RIGHT NOW?

A: Few organizations can afford not to go solar especially before the tax incentives expire and with electricity costs increasing rapidly. Up to 80% of the project costs will be repaid through these tax incentives. You will pay the remaining 20%, which will be repaid in the first three years of operation through ongoing electricity cost savings.

Q: DO I WANT TO GET INVOLVED IN A LONG-TERM AGREEMENT FOR SOMETHING I’M NOT FAMILIAR WITH?

A: You’re already locked into an indefinite agreement with your utility company and switching to solar is relatively short-term in comparison. This also could be viewed as a welcome break from the agreement monopoly that currently exists with utility companies.

Q: SHOULD I WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITH TECHNOLOGY ADVANCES?

A: Advances in technology make minor incremental improvements and take roughly 10 years to be proven to lenders as bankable and viable options. Before this, banks will not fund projects or technologies that are unproven over the long term.

Q: SHOULD I WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITH SYSTEM PRICE REDUCTION?

A: We are currently in the “sweet spot” of solar, as pricing is low and tax incentives are still available. We are already witnessing slight increases in prices as we get closer to the expiration of those incentives and equipment costs begin to increase alongside demand.

Q: WHAT IF I DECIDE TO MOVE PREMISES DURING THE AGREEMENT PERIOD?

A: This happens regularly and is a very simple process. Importantly, a solar system adds huge value to your property and isn’t subject to property tax. This means you’re adding value to your current premises.

Q: I’M BUSY AND UNFAMILIAR WITH THE SOLAR PROCESS. HOW DO I FIND THE TIME TO MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION?

A: We would always recommend you do your due diligence, and you’ll be pleased to discover that the solar process is simple and straightforward. As developers, we are on hand to guide you through and handle the process on your behalf. The effort required from you is minimal and one of the first things you will notice is a reduced electricity bill.

Q: HOW DO I KNOW ELECTRICITY RATES WILL CONTINUE TO ESCALATE?

A: There is substantive data, yielded over the course of the last 30 years, that projects rates will begin to increase at an even further escalated rate in the near future, as utility companies try to claw back lost revenue. However, in the unprecedented event that electricity prices don’t increase, solar still saves considerable money on the current rates.

Q: ARE THE TAX INCENTIVES AVAILABLE TO MY ORGANIZATION?

A: Yes, as long as your organization will pay federal and/or state taxes over the course of the next 10 years, they will be offset by tax credits. For example, the 30% Investment Tax Credit can be applied to the previous year’s taxes, or applied forward to pay for your tax bill for the next 20 years.

 


Ask us anything.

If there’s anything we haven’t answered, feel free to contact us directly.